Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: November 20, 2020
In responding to this unprecedented global outbreak, we’re closely following recommendations from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) which, as has been reported in the media, have been changing frequently as the virus spreads in the U.S. Our first priority is the safety of our residents and employees. As such, we have implemented a number of new protocols to safeguard our community. These include:
- Currently, we are treating the following cases:
- 0 cases in Skilled Nursing
- 0 cases in Personal Care
- 27 patients have returned to their regular rooms after recovering from COVID-19 on our treatment wing
- All COVID-19 patients are sequestered together on our treatment wing
- All staff undergo health screenings (temperature checks) before reporting to work. Direct caregiver testing started on April 22nd and continues weekly. All residents and patients are tested in accordance with CDC and PA DOH guidelines.
- All guests, including family members and volunteers, are prohibited from visiting The Meadows at Shannondell and Rehab at Shannondell for an undetermined period of time
- Masks must be worn in all public spaces
- All meals are being delivered to residents’ rooms
- Intensified cleaning of all common areas, particularly high-touch areas like railings, tabletops and elevators is ongoing
- All staff have completed travel questionnaires and undergo daily health screenings (temperature checks) before reporting to work
- All health care companies providing services are being required to follow similar precautionary protocols
We continue to communicate daily with our medical directors, the Department of Health and are closely monitoring CDC guidelines. As conditions change, we will update our protocols and safeguards as necessary for the safety of all of those who live and work in our communities.
Should you have any questions, email Dan at email@example.com.
Thank you and stay safe.