Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: May 7, 2021
In responding to this unprecedented global outbreak, we’re closely following recommendations from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) which, as has been reported in the media, have been changing frequently as the virus spreads in the U.S. Our first priority is the safety of our residents and employees. As such, we have implemented a number of new protocols to safeguard our community. These include:
- Personal Care residents and all staff of both The Meadows at Shannondell and Rehab at Shannondell have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Currently, we are treating the following cases:
- 0 cases in Skilled Nursing
- 0 cases in Personal Care
- All staff undergo health screenings (temperature checks) before reporting to work. Direct caregiver testing started on April 22, 2020 and the frequency is determined by multiple factors, including the positivity rate (%) in Montgomery County. Currently, direct care staff is being tested twice weekly. All residents and patients are tested in accordance with CDC and PA DOH guidelines.
- All guests, including family members and volunteers, are prohibited from visiting The Meadows at Shannondell and Rehab at Shannondell for an undetermined period of time. However, family members are allowed “window” visits with residents of The Meadows. More information about these visits will be shared with family upon request.
- Masks must be worn in all public spaces.
- All meals are being delivered to residents’ rooms.
- Intensified cleaning of all common areas, particularly high-touch areas like railings, tabletops and elevators is ongoing.
- All staff have completed travel questionnaires and undergo daily health screenings (temperature checks) before reporting to work.
- All health care companies providing services are being required to follow similar precautionary protocols.
We continue to communicate daily with our medical directors, the Department of Health and are closely monitoring CDC guidelines. As conditions change, we will update our protocols and safeguards as necessary for the safety of all of those who live and work in our communities.
Should you have any questions, email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and stay safe.